Dutch Mustard Soup
1 clove of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3-1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup cooking cream
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 lb bacon cubes
- 1 leek
- 3 tbsp of Cian’s Mustard
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 multigrain baguette
- Finely peel and chop the onions and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a soup pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and the cooking cream and add the vegetable bouillon cube. Bring this to the boil and let it boil for a while.
- Fry the bacon cubes crispy in a non-stick skillet in about 8 minutes
- Cut the leek in half and clean out the sand. Then cut it in thin slices.
- Now add the leek and the mustard and stir. Let it boil for about four more minutes on low fire.
- Add the cornstarch with a splash of water in a small bowl and pour it in the soup to thicken it and stir.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to your taste.
- Now serve the soup with some slices of the baguette and you’re ready to let your taste buds tingle. Enjoy!