Adapted from Nan’s Classic Mustard Potato Salad (Genius Kitchen)
- 4 cups Russet potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced (10 – 12 medium potatoes)
- 3 eggs, hardboiled and finely crumbled
- 1 cup sweet onions
- 1/2 cup celery, washed, finely diced
- 3/8 cup dill pickle, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (like the original, I like miracle whip here)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Cian’s Mustard (Beer, Hot, Medium – all depends on the flavour you want)
- 1/8 cup pickle juice
- 1/8 cup cream (Half & Half can be used)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (white for appearance)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Boil potatoes in the peel with the whole eggs. Remove the eggs after 10 minutes of boiling, and remove and drain the potatoes when just fork tender. Let eggs and potatoes cool to room temperature. Peel all and refrigerate whole potatoes and eggs until cold. The potatoes will dice and hold up better when cold. Dice the potatoes into 1/4- 3/8″ dice. Place into a very large container with a lid. Crumble the eggs and add to the container with the diced potatoes.
2. Chop the onion, celery, and pickles very finely. Add to the potatoes and eggs. Gently stir to mix the ingredients evenly.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, dill pickle juice, cream, salt, pepper and sugar. Whisk until creamy. Pour over potato mixture. Gently stir until the dry particles are coated with the creamy mixture.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. 6- 8 hours is even better. If you like color you can sprinkle some sweet paprika over the top.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and have great, mustard-inspired recipes land in your inbox!