Hash Brown and Egg Casserole (adapted)
Prep; 15 mins
Cook: 80 minutes
- 3/4 pkg (about 1.5 lbs) frozen hash browns
- 1 lb pork sausage (I used Spolumbo’s mild Italian), removed from casing
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Cian’s Hot Mustard (Cian’s Honey Hot or Medium can be used too)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart baking dish. Place the hash brown potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook and stir the sausage and onion until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, mustard, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and pour over the potatoes.
- Layer with half the Cheddar cheese, the sausage mixture, and the remaining Cheddar cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover; return the casserole to the oven and bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.