My Sausage Rolls
- 16 oz package sausage* meat
- 1 package frozen puff pastry – thawed but refrigerated (squares or sheets – sheets are less work and usually cost less)
- 1/4 cup or more Cian’s Mustard (your flavour of choice)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unfold pastry squares/rolls. If using squares, roll flat to a larger 1×1 ft square with a lightly dusted rolling pin. Cut each sheet into 4 or 6 equal squares.
- Brush each square with Cian’s Mustard.
- Divide sausage meat into 8 – 12 pieces (depending on the cut pastry sheets) and roll into log shape.
- Place one sausage piece onto each square, folding pastry over the sausage. Seal with a brush of the beaten egg. The remaining egg can be used to brush the top of the pastry, once sealed.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until the rolls are puffed and golden. Check half way thru to make sure they do not burn.
* Use prepared Spolumbo’s sausage, squeeze amount from the sausage casing onto the puff pastry. I like to use Chicken Roasted Red Pepper with Honey Hot mustard, though we have used Chicken Apple with Maple mustard (Cian’s favourite), or mild/hot Italian with medium/hot mustard (Colin’s favourite).